Monday 27 September 2010

All About Me - A LiveJournaler's Experience Of BPD

We firmly believe that the best way of raising awareness and understanding of BPD is through each individual's story. Whether it be the experiences of a sufferer or of their carer, the varying but converging stories help us understand ourselves better, and help those who are unfamiliar with the diagnosis have a greater idea of just what BPD means - not as a diagnostic criteria, but as a real, life-bending illness.

We're asking that if you visit this website and have a story to tell, don't stay silent. Email us the story at BPDaware@hotmail.co.uk and we'll showcase it right here - anonymously if you wish. Your story can make the difference. Your story is our greatest weapon. 


Here's what I know about me, personally, as a BPD sufferer. Some may be relevant to the disease, some may not. However, I hope this list will help pinpoint some of the causes of the disease, from a biological standpoint.
  • I experience severe and frequent mood swings
  • I am a self-injurer
  • I am frequently suicidal
  • I have attempted suicide on more than one occasion
  • I have been described as manipulative
  • I have been described as fishing for compliments
  • I am awful with money
  • I have difficulty trusting others
  • I am overweight
  • Sleep significantly affects my mood
  • Eating can affect my mood
  • I am near-sighted
  • Music affects my mood
  • I experience "personality shifts" (My patterns of behavior change based on who I am with.)
  • My moods can change significantly based on who I am around
  • I have anxiety issues
  • I have social phobia issues
  • I have abandonment issues
  • I have trust issues
  • I change my hair color frequently
  • I make many decisions based on the moment
  • I hate big changes in my life
  • I am messy
  • I have been described as lazy
  • I have a rich and variety fantasy life
  • My dreams are vivid and I prefer my dream life to my waking life
  • Meditation has helped me some in the past
  • Medication has not helped me very much in the past
  • I need personal therapy on a weekly basis just to vent my feelings
  • I dislike and distrust group therapy
  • I prefer being cold to being hot
  • I smoke
  • I drink caffeine
  • I drink alcohol occasionally, although I fear addiction and avoid it mostly. Plus, it screws with my sleep and I don't like that.
  • Speaking of sleep, the amount of sleep I need varies greatly as does the quality of my sleep.
  • I like to start things, but rarely finish them.
  • I am a sugar addict
  • I am a fidgeter
  • I have severe menstrual cramps
  • I am allergic to cats and pollen
  • I think out loud sometimes
  • I talk to myself
  • When faced with a challenge that I find too insurmountable, I tend to shut down emotionally and physically.
  • I have astigmatism
  • I love to read
  • I can't stand drama, although I fear I cause it
  • I am always wondering what other people think about me
  • I always assume people are thinking negative things about me
  • I often assume fault automatically and have been accused of apologizing too much
  • I crave security

    By BPDCure at LiveJournal



No comments:

Post a Comment